Saturday, March 26, 2011

Marketing in Product UI

Just got myself a Tata Photon+. Was rather surprised when I saw the Interface for the first time. Here's a screenie of how it looks.



The two images on the left and right turn out to be hyperlinks to this page - which keeps giving me a 'Connection Timed Out'!

Now then, the fact that I am seeing the UI of your product/service means that I have already bought your product/service (if not all, then at least in most cases). Even if I have not, at least I am in a position to click on 'Connect' - and check out the product myself. Basically, I (as a user) am in a stage where my (repeat) purchase would depend more on your product/service performance - and the claims on the left and right ends of the interface - if anything, are only going to annoy me whenever the service fails to live upto my expectations.

And if you still insist on inserting your ad images in your own product UI, then please put high resolution images so that at least the text is legible :P

1 comment:

Nikhil K said...

I found that interface pretty crappy. At a point where one would click on the links, there is no connectivity, and it doesn't advertise anything other than what you have already purchased. But I guess that's what you get when you don't pay enough for the UI of the software you're shipping out to the customer :)

I prefer not using the dialer, instead create an interface (never tried on windows) and use that instead.